Through collaboration with parents, District administrators, and representatives from all 14 Frenship campuses, the Frenship ISD Calendar Committee has created two calendar drafts for the 2022-2023 school year. Your feedback is important to us! We encourage all staff, parents, and community members to take the quick survey at the bottom of this page. This data will help the Calendar Committee finalize a calendar to present to the Board of Trustees in February.
- The State of Texas requires a minimum of 75,600 instructional minutes for students.
- The calendar must have 187 working days for teachers. This includes staff development days.
- Extra Minutes – Both drafts have extra instructional minutes built into the schedule. This provides a cushion in the event school is delayed or closed due to circumstances such as bad weather.
- Bad Weather Days – Students and staff are off these days unless they are needed. These do not count in the total staff days or student minute requirements. These scheduled bad weather days (April 7 and May 26) are in addition to the extra minutes built into the calendar as mentioned above.
- Thanksgiving Break – All professional staff members are required to complete staff development hours prior to the beginning of school. These hours are part of the contract expectation and will allow for comp time the week of Thanksgiving. These are noted as November 21-22 on Draft A and November 21 on Draft B.
- Winter Break – Please note the winter breaks on the drafts are different. Draft A’s winter break aligns with proposed calendars by Lubbock ISD with students returning on January 9, 2023.
Survey closes Wednesday, January 19 at 1 p.m.