Application for an Out of District Transfer
The link attached below is to the Frenship ISD Out of District Transfer application. Please complete this form and submit it to the Department of Student Services.
Students must meet the following criteria to be considered for transfer approval:(1) Have good prior attendance.(2) Have an 80 average in all subjects and have made acceptable academic progress.(3) Have an excellent conduct history.(4) Passed previous years STAAR/EOC testing in all areas. Students must continue to meet this criteria if the transfer is approved to remain an Out of District transfer student in Frenship ISD. The campus principal will notify the Department of Student Services at the Administration Office if concerns arise and the transfer will be reviewed for revocation. If a transfer is revoked the student’s parent or guardian will be notified to withdraw the student and return to their home campus.All out of district transfer applications will be considered on an individual basis. The guidelines below will be used to determine transfer approval and are in place to ensure consistency in our process.
Contact the FISD Department of Student Services at 866-9541 for questions. The application will be reviewed by the Director of Student Services.
- For first-time request, applicant must provide documentation of grades, test scores, attendance records, discipline records and other requested records from previous school.
- Due to the rapid growth in the FISD, the Director of Student Services will generally deny requests for student transfers to campuses projected at 90% of capacity or greater as of August 6th. Portable building space will not be included in calculations of percentage of capacity.
- Requests for in-district transfers during the semester will generally be denied based on potential disruption of the educational program at both the assigned and requested campuses.
- Sibling Transfers - Sibling status will not guarantee transfer approval. Requests to transfer to attend a school outside their attendance area with their sibling will be evaluated as all other requests and will not be given preference. Siblings must meet criteria for transfer eligibility.
- Once the school year has begun, new out of district transfers will only be considered during the first two (2) weeks of each semester.
- Frenship ISD reserves the right to limit or restrict transfers to any campus.
Out of District Transfer Applications will be available beginning June 24, 2019. Applications will be taken through the second week of school.
Your application will not be considered until the following items have been received in the Office of Student Services.
- Copy of latest report card
- Copy of latest test scores
- Copy of attendance record
- Copy of discipline record
- Copy of transcript
- Payment of Transfer Fee