"I'll do the best I can do. That's all I can do! I've studied hard for this."
These were the words spoken right before competition by the four-time reigning champion for the Frenship ISD District Spelling Bee. Even in his repeated victories, Frenship Middle School student Matthew Noel always focuses on positivity first and good sportsmanship with the other competitors.
Last Thursday, eleven students, one from each of Frenship’s elementary and middle schools, gathered at the Casey Administration Building for the Frenship ISD District Spelling Bee. Each of these students spelled their way through classroom and school Bees in order to compete in the event.
After several rounds of competition, 7th grader from Frenship Middle School, Matthew Noel, correctly spelled “positivity” to earn the title of 2020 Frenship ISD District Spelling Bee Champion and appropriately describe his attitude toward the competition. Noel’s next stop is the Regional Spelling Bee in March. Last year, Noel advanced all the way to the 2019 Scripps National Spelling Bee in Washington, D.C.
The full list of the Frenship ISD District Spelling Bee participants includes:
- Matthew Noel, Frenship Middle School
- Saif Bernstein, Heritage Middle School
- Althea Doctolero, Terra Vista Middle School
- Berklee Harris, Bennett Elementary
- Chloe King, Crestview Elementary
- Obarita Aarushi, Legacy Elementary
- Rachel Tiongco, North Ridge Elementary
- Brooks Collier, Oak Ridge Elementary
- Kwabena Oduro-Firikyi, Upland Heights Elementary
- Kami Johnson, Westwind Elementary
- Daryl Dissinger, Willow Bend Elementary
Great job to all eleven participants! And best wishes to Matthew at Regionals!