2024-2025 Approved District Calendar
Through collaboration with parents, District administrators, and representatives from all 15 Frenship campuses, the Frenship ISD Calendar Committee created two calendar drafts for the 2024-2025 school year. Parents, staff, and community members were able to vote on the drafts through a public survey in January.
The survey results showed 75% of those who voted, preferred calendar Draft B while only 25% preferred Draft A. After careful consideration of the feedback received from staff, parents, and the community, along with the results of the public survey, the Calendar Committee recommended the approval of Draft B. During the February 19th school board meeting, the Frenship ISD Board of Trustees approved Draft B as the 2024-2025 District Academic Calendar.
- The State of Texas requires a minimum of 75,600 instructional minutes for students.
- The calendar must have 187 working days for teachers. This includes staff development days.
- Extra Minutes – Extra instructional minutes are built into the calendar. This provides a cushion in the event school is delayed or closed due to circumstances such as bad weather.
- Bad Weather Days – Students and staff are off these days unless they are needed. These do not count in the total staff days or student minute requirements. These scheduled bad weather days are in addition to the extra minutes built into the calendar as mentioned above.
- Thanksgiving Break – All professional staff members are required to complete staff development hours prior to the beginning of school. These hours are part of the contract expectation and will allow for comp time the week of Thanksgiving. These are noted on the calendar as November 25-26.
- Winter Break – Last day of the fall semester is December 20th. Staff return on January 6, and students return on January 8.