This grandfathering information applies to current (2023-2024 school year) Frenship ISD 4th grade students who currently attend Frenship ISD and have been affected by the changes to our campus boundary lines. Students who are new to Frenship ISD for the 2024-2025 school year, must register and attend their home campus as determined by the 2024-2025 district attendance boundaries.
*If you are parent of a current 4th grader impacted by the changes in attendance boundaries, you will receive a letter in the mail with information on grandfathering along with a grandfather request form to submit no later than February 28, 2024.
- Current 4th grade students going into 5th grade for the 2024-2025 school year who reside in the Frenship ISD boundaries may elect to attend their current elementary school during the 2024-2025 school year. This ONLY applies to current 4th graders.
- Parents must complete and submit a grandfather notification form to their campus office by February 28.
- Students must meet transfer criteria. However, for the 2024-2025 school year, the younger sibling(s) must attend the elementary school within their home boundaries as set by the 2024-2025 attendance boundaries.
- Current 4th grade students who elect to attend an elementary school other than their assigned campus for the 2024-2025 school year will not be eligible for transportation.
- Parents whose grandfather requests are approved will be responsible for providing transportation to and from the campus.
- Student transfers may be revoked for lack of academic progress, poor attendance, late arrivals, or misconduct. FDA (LOCAL)
- These decisions are final and are not appealable.
- Students in the specialized programs such as Focus, Life Skills or Dual language can call Student Services with any questions at 806-866-9541.