New Student Transfers will be considered based on the criteria set by Frenship. Some campuses may not have space available for new transfers. Decisions regarding new transfers will be made the week of August 8, 2022.
2022-2023 Forms will be available online beginning June 27, 2022.
There is a $35.00 non-refundable application fee for Out of District Transfer Applications.
- New Frenship ISD Students: New students to Frenship ISD must register and attend their home campus as determined by the district boundaries.
- New Transfer Request: Parents or guardians requesting a new transfer for the 2022-2023 school year may submit a transfer request on or after June 27, 2022. Notification of transfer acceptance or denial will occur during the week of August 8, 2022.
- Current FISD Transfers: Current Frenship ISD transfers will be reviewed by the Office of Student Services for approval or denial at the end of the 2021-2022 school year. The parent/guardian will be notified of the decision by mail, for the 2022-2023 school year. Letters will be mailed the week of June 13, 2022.
ADMINISTRATIVE GUIDELINES FOR STUDENT TRANSFERS
There is a $35.00 non-refundable application fee for all new Out of District Transfer requests. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Student transfer requests are considered on an individual student basis. However, the guidelines below are in place to ensure consistency in our process. The transfer requests will be reviewed by the Director of Student Services and if the transfer is denied, there is no appeal process. As long as the criteria for transfers continue to be met, the student's transfer will remain in place. An approval for one year does not guarantee nor imply the continued approval of future transfers into the district or to the same campus.
MIDDLE SCHOOL GUIDELINES 2022-2023
Existing Out of District (Inter-District) Middle School transfers
- Spring 2022 registration - Existing out-of-district (Inter-District) transfers of incoming 6th graders will register at the following campuses: North Ridge & Legacy registers at Terra Vista Middle School, Willow Bend, Bennett & Upland Heights registers at Frenship Middle School, Oak Ridge, Crestview & Westwind registers at Heritage Middle School.
- Existing out-of-district transfers for incoming 7th or 8th grade students may continue to attend the current middle school in which they are enrolled. The student must continue to meet the transfer criteria.
Existing In-District (Intra-District) Middle School transfers
- Spring 2022 Registration - Existing in-district transfers of incoming 6th graders will pre-register at the Middle School that is considered the feeder campus for their home address.
- A student who was overflowed to an elementary campus will be expected to attend their home campus middle school. FDB (LOCAL)
Any questions concerning transfers need to be directed to the Office of Student Services at 806-866-9541.
All transfer decisions are final and cannot be appealed.