As we navigate the unprecedented circumstances involving COVID-19 and the need for social distancing, we know there are concerns about how this impacts public education. After much consideration and collaboration with the other major school districts in Lubbock, Frenship ISD will extend Spring Break until March 30 for students only.
We want to reassure our families that Frenship is taking every step possible to ensure the safety and health of our students.
During this time, we will stick to our core beliefs and continue educating our students. Beginning March 23, Frenship staff members will return to work to prepare for both in-classroom and remote learning options for students. After the extended break, we are going to support those families who would rather keep their children home. Frenship will be counting students present as long as instructional support is provided.
While we don’t know exactly what that will look like, we are working tirelessly to sort out those details.
Here is what we do know:
- We are extending Spring Break until March 30 for students only
- Frenship ISD staff will return Monday, March 23
- Maximum flexibility begins March 30 where students will not be penalized if kept home. For families keeping their students home, Frenship will require parents to notify the campus and commit to remote learning options provided by the district
- The staff development day scheduled for March 30 is cancelled
- During the week of March 23 – 27, there will be no instruction and staff will use this time to prepare for the return of students
- Frenship is working to develop a plan to provide meals during the extended break
We know you will have many questions. We will provide more information as it becomes available. Frenship will continue to post the latest information on our website and social media pages, and we will communicate any major changes directly to our families.
We encourage you to make the best decision for your family and we will get through this together.
Dr. Michelle McCord
Frenship ISD Superintendent