Skip to main content

Frenship ISD

Mobile Menu Toggle
District Departments » Food Services » Free and Reduced Meals

Free and Reduced Meals

Frequently Asked Questions 

  • Income: Children can get free or reduced-price meals if a household's gross income is within the limits described in the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines.
  • Special Assistance Program Participants: Children in households receiving benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Food Distribution Program for Households on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), are eligible for free meals. 
  • Foster: Foster children who are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals. 
  • Head Start or Early Head Start: Children participating in these programs are eligible for free meals. 
  • Homeless, Runaway, and Migrant: Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant qualify for free meals. If you haven't been told about a child's status as homeless, runaway, or migrant or you feel a child may qualify for one of these programs, please call or email Brandi Savage, Coordinator of Special Programs at 806-866-9541.
  • WIC Recipient: Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced-price meals.
Yes. An application is only good for that school year and for the first few days of this school year. Send in a new application unless the school has told you that your child is eligible for the new school year. 
Yes. Apply at any time during the school year. A child with a parent or guardian who becomes unemployed may become eligible for free and reduced-price meals if the household income drops below the income limit.
List the amount normally received. If a household member lost a job or had hours/wages reduced, use current income.
Basic pay and cash bonuses must be reported as income. Any cash value allowances for off- base housing, food, or clothing, or Family Subsistence Supplemental Allowance payments count as income. If housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include the housing allowance as income. Any additional combat pay resulting from deployment is excluded from income. 
Yes. you, your children, or other household members do not have to be U.S. citizens to apply for free or reduced-price meals.
Yes. We may also ask you to send written proof of the reported household income.
To find out how to apply for other assistance benefits, contact your local assistance office or 2-1-1.
Yes. The online application has the same requirements and will ask you for the same information as the paper application. Click the button at the top of this page to access the online application. 
If you have other questions or need help, call (806) 866-9389.
Si necesita ayuda, por favor llame al telefono: (806) 866- 9389.