In Professional Learning Communities (PLC), educators work collaboratively in recurring cycles of collective inquiry and action research to achieve better results for the Pre-K through 12th-grade students they serve in Frenship ISD. The focus of PLC work revolves around these four critical questions:
- What do we expect students to learn?
- How will we know if they learn it?
- How do we respond when students have difficulty learning?
- How do we respond when students do learn?
Why Professional Learning Communities?
- Ensure high levels of learning for ALL students
- Provides a collaborative and collective effort to help all students learn
- Aligns procedures and practices to inform and improve professional practice