The district makes school bus transportation available to all students living two or more miles from school. This service is provided at no cost to students. Bus routes and any subsequent changes are posted at the school.
A parent may also designate a grandparent’s residence as the regular pickup and drop-off location for his or her child. The designated residence must be on an approved stop on an approved route. For information on bus routes and stops or to designate an alternate pickup or drop-off location, you may contact Durham Transportation at 806-866-4352.
See the Student Code of Conduct for provisions regarding transportation to the disciplinary alternative education program (DAEP).
Students are expected to assist district staff in ensuring that buses remain in good condition and that transportation is provided safely. When riding in district vehicles, students are held to behavioral standards established in this handbook and the Student Code of Conduct. Students must:
· Follow the driver’s directions at all times.
· Enter and leave the bus or van in an orderly manner at the designated stop.
· Keep feet, books, instrument cases, and other objects out of the aisle.
· Not deface the bus, van, or its equipment.
· Not put head, hands, arms, or legs out of the window, hold any object out of the window, or throw objects within or out of the bus or van.
· Not possess or use any form of tobacco on school buses.
· Observe all usual classroom rules.
· Be seated while the vehicle is moving.
· Fasten their seat belts, if available.
· Wait for the driver’s signal upon leaving the bus or van and before crossing in front of the vehicle.
Misconduct will be punished in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct; bus-riding privileges may be suspended.
If you have questions, contact: Durham Transporation @ 806-866-4352.
Transportation Director is Edward Esparza
Frenship ISD contact is Michael Brooks, Director of Student Services 806-866-9541