Skip to main content

Frenship ISD

Mobile Menu Toggle
District Departments » Police » FAQ



Are Frenship ISD officers like other police officers?

Yes, our police officers are Texas Peace Officers licensed by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement. The Frenship ISD Police Department has jurisdiction within the County of Lubbock, the City of Lubbock, and the City of Wolfforth as allowed by the Texas Education Code, Ch. 37.081.

Do FISD police officers write real tickets, and what happens to the tickets they write?

Yes, FISD officers write real tickets (citations). Once issued, they are referred to either the Lubbock County Justice of the Peace Court PCT-1 or the City of Wolfforth Municipal Court, the City of Lubbock Municipal Court

Persons issued a citation must direct their questions or concerns to the court listed on the citation. Do not call the Frenship Police Department.

Can FISD officers arrest adults and/or juveniles?

Yes, FISD officers have the same arrest powers and authority as any other peace officer in the State of Texas.

Can the police speak to my child (student) without my permission?

Yes, a Texas peace officer can speak to any child/student of any age who is suspected of a crime or other involvement during a criminal investigation. A peace officer employed by a school district may also speak to a child or student for administrative purposes.,

Do the police have to notify me before they speak to my child (student)?

The only requirement to notify a parent applies if a child/juvenile is arrested for the reasonable suspicion of committing a criminal offense.

Frenship officers are sensitive to the initial concerns parents have when the police speak to their child. Although it is not policy, Frenship officers make a reasonable effort to contact parents when they speak to a "student" for any reason. A delay in contacting parents or legal guardians may occur, depending on the overall circumstances during the student contact.

Students that are 17 years and older are lawfully considered adults under most Texas laws, permission from another adult (parent) to speak to an adult age student is not required. This includes the notification of an arrest not being required as well for an adult age student. Frenship officers or campus administrators will make a reasonable effort to contact parents of an arrest. 

Can our officers take action against a non-student or a student if they are not on school district property?

Yes, if a crime has occurred or there is cause to believe that a criminal offense has been committed that may be but not required to involve the school district, an officer may take lawful or administrative action towards a person.  

If other law enforcement agencies need assistance, can our officers respond?

Yes. Texas school districts are required to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding with local law enforcement for mutual support and assistance. 

If I believe that I am a victim of crime or offense on Frenship ISD property or during a Frenship ISD event, who do I contact?

The Frenship ISD Police Department investigates suspected criminal activities that may involve the Frenship ISD on or off school district property. Contact the Frenship Police at 806-866-9541.

Whom do I contact in case of an emergency?

In case of an Emergency Dial 911.

Who supervises the police officers?

As prescribed by the Texas Education law, school district police officers are required to be supervised by a Chief of Police, who by law must only report directly to the district superintendent.