The Frenship ISD Police Department is committed to a partnership with parents, educators and students in maintaining a safe learning environment.
Please consider the following points of information:
Students Who Walk to School and Home:
- Set a prescribe route to and from school that is visible to traffic and yourself (avoid alleys, parking lots, etc...). Advise students to always stay visible to the general public.
- Use the sidewalk! Stay off the streets or roads.
- Do not allow your student to accept rides home without your permission or knowledge.
- Have your student contact you when they leave school and when they get home.
- Advise your student's school that your student walks to and from school. Provide the school with your student’s route, and your cell phone number.
- Always provide your student with a method of contacting you or a person that you trust.
Students Who Ride the School Bus:
- Advise your student to always ride the same bus.
- Ask for the route and arrival times of the bus
- Obey the bus driver’s directives.
- Report offensive or unlawful conduct to the driver.
- Know the driver's name.
Students Who Drive to School:
- Must have a valid driver's license on their person at all times.
- Must have proof of financial responsibility.
- Parent's cannot allow unlicensed drivers to use their vehicles (TX Law).
- Must have a parking permit issued by the campus.
- Are lawfully in possession of all items in the vehicle (legal or illegal).
- FISD Police issue traffic citations that are summon by the Lubbock County courts.
- Vehicles parked on FISD properties are subject to lawful searches by the police and school officials.
Become Informed of the Student Code of Conduct, such as:
- Prohibited items at schools and school activities that may be unlawful.
- Conduct that may be unlawful.